Question

BSwigert2011

Secured Loan or Secured Credit Card better to start building credit?
I am a student and I have student loans that have been sitting in my account and will not start paying for them until I graduate in a few more years. Besides this I have nothing effecting my credit score. So would a secured loan or a secured credit card help me build credit faster? I need a good credit score within the next 8 months.

Most Helpful Response

A secured card would be your best bet. Some banks don't count student loan as part of your credit history so if you would like to start building your credit then apply for the secured cc!