Question

SH0184

Secured Credit Card
My number one recommendation was to get a secured credit card to improve my credit score, yet the credit score simulator shows that doing that will actually lower my score by 80 points. So who is Credit Karma helping, "me" or the credit card companies?

Simulator is junk. If you aren't eligible for any other cards, it may be your only route in building or repairing credit. Alternatively, you could get added onto a card with food credit utilization and in good standing (no lates.) And that could improve your score.