Question

MsSerb

Sears/CBNA amount due
My credit report shows that I owe Sear/CBNA $35.00. I have not had a Sears Credit Card since late 1970's, and it was paid in full. I need to get this amount off my credit report.

Contact Sears and ask them why there is a balance.

Go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports.  File disputes (preferably in writing and keep a copy for your records) on all errors with the credit bureau reporting same.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the disputed items.  Errors are not uncommon and only by doing an annual credit report check can you be sure that only the correct information is being reported.