Question

lv90

Scores not really true?
Mine shows a credit score of 738/742 but when I went in confident to buy a car I was shocked to hear that my credit score was only a 538! How in the world is it that much of a difference and make me look like a fool!

First of all, Realize that you have

over 300 credit scores.  All of which change almost daily, each time you use a credit card or make a payment, your scores change. 

The scores you see here are based on the info that 2 of those reporting agencies provide.  Most car manufactures have there own finance companies that provide their own scores.  All these scoring agencies have their own priorities and a weigh different factors differently and thats the main reason for differences in scores. 

never trust any of the scores you see on line as being completely accurate.  I bought a car in january beliving I had a score in the 740 range, I prequalified with my credit union and went in to buy the car i wanted.  Dealers will automaticly run your credit as soon as they have your name and city. They don't ask for or, according to Experian, need your  permission, They do it to see if your worth wasting their time on.  According to tehm my score was over 800.  so go figure. 

So before assuming that your scores are wrong, reliaze that these are not your only scores and generally no 2 will actually be the same all the time.