Question

Ozzyj93

Score went down 20 points for high utilization?
My score went form a 656 to a 636, apparently because high utilization... Yet, I've used most of my balance on my credit cards because I only have two... One with a 300 limit and one with 350.. And my score has NEVER gone down for high utilization.. Why the heck the sudden drop??

Most Helpful Response

High utilization will cause your credit score to drop and even if it didn't initially, it would have happened eventually because constant high credit usage makes you look very risky to lenders. It is best to keep your credit card utilization under 30% at all times, with 1%-20% utilization being your ultimate goal because you would reap the most points towards your credit score within that range.