Question

Alexnotalice92

Score went don't 58 points, randomly!
So my credit score went down 58 points this month. A few years back I was dumb and in college and opened two credit cards. I paid them off and closed them not realizing the negative effect this has. My only open account right now is a student loan account with approx 33,000. Over the last month my credit score dropped by 58 points. The only change was one payment to my loan account on time that lowered that balance by $260. Literally no other changes. No inquiries. No collections. No cancellations or openings. Literally nothing besides paying a bill on time. Any thoughts? Advice? Please help!

Don't worry. If you are truly concerned purchase your FICO scores somewhere, but I wouldn't even do that at this point, I would ignore the drop you experienced, goofy things have been going on with Vantage according to the reports on this forum. I also wonder why if you are so concerned with your credit, why you only have one open account. I think you should do some reading on what it takes to build and maintain good credit.