Question

jdoublep

Score of 775 - I would like to buy a 25-30k car next year, with up to 15k down.
I am not sure what I need to get approved for a small loan. I have a score of 775, but my credit line is only 4000, my history is poor, my number of accounts, low, derogatory marks and payment histories are As. I have a down payment of around 10-15k, but only make 1702 a month. I would like to keep these payments as low as possible. Would increasing my credit line with a new card or asking for an increase help me get a better loan and lower monthly payments?

Most Helpful Response

A score of 775 is considered excellent in the eyes of lenders. With that score, you shouldn't have trouble getting approved for an auto loan but if you're concerned that you wont get approved then consider adding a co-signer or keep your current credit card balances as low as possible (but not at $0) to show that you are actively using your credit responsibly, pay your bills on time 100% of the time, and check all of your credit reports for errors and accuracy.