Question

maxine08

Score dropped over night
My score dropped 14 points over night! I had to put an emergency car repair on one of my cc's (which happen to raise my limit)-couldn't avoid it. Debt is 7 days old-made a substantial payment on cc last night and when I go on here to check-they got the charge on here (I know payment won't reflect for a week or so) but seriously! Dropping my score on something that isn't even 2 weeks old? The payment I made was way before due date and balance will most likely be paid before due date.......not fair. I've worked hard on improving my score....next time I'll just pay cash and hope needed repair holds out till I do.

CCs report your balances way before the due date. One of my cards reports on the 24th and it has a due date on the 2nd. You need to know what this date is - just ask them. Then you can plan things like this...

maxine08

Sorry-can't 'plan' on certain car repairs around cc reporting balance.....guess I have to wait another month for the score to 'crawl' back up.......