Question

Ravenscalling

Score dropped after following recommendation
I followed the recommendation to apply for a credit transfer card. I was approved. But the approval amount is a joke. Now my score dropped. If I cancel the card will my score return. I was almost back to normal. ugh

Most Helpful Response

I have not taken any of the cards recommended here but have proceeded on my own through my credit union and have had far better results after taking the time to read the articles here and using the financial tools provided.  Once one learns how the credit game is played, it gets to be fun. I went from cash only and a low credit score to having 6 cards, less debt and a very good credit score.

Don't cancel it. You are not going to undo any damage with FICO scoring. Give it a few months and things will start to get better.