Question

KingrobStark

Score Dropped 91 points in a week?
Went to check my score today, and noticed the Equifax dropped 91 points. The only recent activity is a loan I had out got reported as closed, even though I still owe $200ish, the account is not closed, the creditor sold the company. Would that have an impact? Because it shows went they sold the company, my balance was around $381 left to be paid off. (Which I am still paying to the new company)

Most Helpful Response

Sell of loans does hurt us on our scores quiet often.  If your open lines of credit are few then closing(whixh it gets listed as when it is sold) any of them drops your score, plus the people who now have the loan start reporting and it drops your average age of credit.  It sounds like only the first has happened and the new company has not reported yet.