Question

alishahime

Score dropped 56 points?!
My score went from 740 to 684. All payments are current, no missed payments. The balances on all my credit accounts have DROPPED, except one which went up $500 from 48% to 68% utilization. All my other utilization have gone down...so what is up?!

Most Helpful Response

Ditto

This happened to me also.  Last month, I hit 750 "Excellent" range, but today when I logged in, my score dropped 49 points -- putting me barely in "Good" range. 

Utilization is 6%, no collections, no late payments, no new inquiries, no account closures.  No changes whatsoever.  In fact, one card raised my credit limit automatically, but that's not yet reflected in CK... and they would have done a soft inquiry anyway.   I'm engaging in the same exact behavior which landed me in "Excellent" range, but the score drastically dropped out of nowhere.  What gives?

I guess the lesson here is... it's not wise to take Credit Karma or the other scores reported here with extreme seriousness and get worked up about it -- it's clear from our examples that there are sometimes major errors.  

Even Auto Insurance score... it's worse now than when I had no credit history, and again, my positive credit habits have not changed from day one.  Never been late, never used over 7% of my total limit, never any collections, etc.  It never made sense to me why that score continued to decline even as my FICO and CK scores continue to climb.  Now it makes no sense as to why the CK score would drop, with no change in how my credit is managed.

Exact same thing happened to me

No new accounts, no new inquiries, balances going down, no late payments...

I don't have a clue what's happening with my score either. 

Were you able to come up with a solution?

Nope...but I feel like CK 'tweeked' their formula somehow for getting credit scores...