Question

clsistare

Score dropped 44 points for no reason
I log on every week to see me score because Im trying to fix my credit. I have brought it up from the 400's to a 616,, then this morning I log on and my score dropped 44 point back to a 565? I haven't been late, haven't made any purchase and there have been no new inquires on my credit?

Most Helpful Response

Same thing happened to me

My credit was 44 points higher until Credit Karma added Experian. I think if we give it a month or so we will see it go back up. I did check my TransUnion score through my Citi Visa. It was exactly what CK was posting prior to Experian. I hope this helps.

Thats Credit Karma!

It's hard to say why that happens, but realize that the score you see on CK is just an estimate.  I find that the Vantage score is consistantly closer to my FICO score and it seems to change less often than the credit score estimate.

Each CRA has their own formula to give you a score and that your score can actually change daily.

In the long run it does not make a differance unless you are applying for a new line of credit. It's the overall history that makes the differance. Just stay the course, Pay on time and keep utilization down and the score will go back up. 

Good Luck!

credit problems

I have been working on my credit for over a year and got it up to 660 and one morning I check it and it dropped 49 points on one and 44 points of the other one. I have not have my credit checked and have not got any loans so what is goint on. You almost want to give it up. this credit score is such a scam when you really try and it throws you out again for no reason.