Question

JoeMcDePaw

score after removing adverse account
I had an adverse account on my Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion credit reports as I started looking at houses 12 months ago. I had no clue about the bill being in collections and I called up the hospital where I received the bill, they had my college address and no phone number. I split my chin open 2 weeks before graduation, looked great in my commencement pictures. They put me in contact with their collection agency and they agreed to have the claim removed from my credit reports if I paid the bill. I paid the bill immediately. Then I disputed the claim with Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion and contacted the collection agency letting them know the disputes would be there shortly and asked them nicely to please allow the claim to be removed.

Poof!! My FICO score went from a low 600 to a low 700 and there was no longer an adverse account on my credit reports. A few days ago I was eligible for a free credit report again and on my TransUnion report there was an Adverse account that now said it was a paid collection. I dug up information and contacted that hospital, got through to the collection agency they use and they had records of everything I went through 12 months ago. Now I have filed a dispute again with TransUnion, ugh!!!!

Anyways, my score on this website is currently 709. I'm still interested in purchasing a house/condo. My lease is up in 3 months, and I'm considering looking into mortgage pre-approval. My FICO score is considerably lower than where it was when all that got cleared up 12 months ago. When TransUnion clears this up does anyone have any idea how much my FICO score could improve?

I've only been using this website for a few months, I am well aware of how the credit score is determined. I don't expect a jump like when I had an unpaid collection removed, I'm looking for feedback from others that have had paid adverse accounts removed from their statements.

Oddly this adverse paid account doesn't show up here.

The collection agency were extremely nice.  I just received a phone call from them and they wanted to tell me that they had sent a request in to have this removed from my credit report.  If anyone has taken the time to read my lengthy question, I will post the change as soon as I see it.