Score 546 , need to raise , 23 years old . Possible identity theft .
I'm 23 years old and am wanting to buy a house since foreclosures in my area offer great deals ( 27k for 80k home ) . My score on here is 546 . I've been told this is too poor even for an automobile ( called various dealers ) . What would be my best strategy to increase my score to get a mortgage ? I have two accounts in collection , and 2 delinquent acct . Student loan is one , which I intend to try to get " redemption " for , I checked and only owe $2500 . Another acct is an old Verizon in collections for 600$ . The 2 other acct I don't recognize the acronyms used . This prompted me to get a credit report to dig further . I went to the official site to request and midway through the preliminary questions It said It recognized I took a loan for a vehicle and asked which one . This is not true though , so I answered none . Well it said my identity could not be confirmed and said I could call or mail . ( This is legit site ) . I called and the automatic teller said I should get a report in mail within 15 days . To sum up my questions are :

1) What would be the best course of action to raise my credit to get mortgage based on my info ?
2) Would a secured card be a good short term idea ? If so which should I get and I don't understand how to use it to raise my score .
3) If it is true that I have a lease or loan for a vehicle on my report , how should I go about correcting it , because that would mean my Identity has been stolen .
4) Any further mortgage advice would be great ( how to get loan , where , what are additional costs )

Thanks for any advice , I'm ready to start my life as an adult and take control of my credit .