Question

ckmusic

score -100 pts from 1 bill late in 10 yrs, pd bal immed when aware. Co. won't rem report. options?
I have written the company letters. I have been a customer for years. Never missed a payment with them or anyone until their ebill went to my junk. It ended up being 2 months late. the minute I found out I paid full balance, late fees instantly over the phone. my credit dropped about 100 points. I have 10 years of history on creditkarma with this being my only late payment. I had excellent credit rating at 850 and now it's still listed as good but continues to drop over the last two months. now almost 100 pts. I feel like there should be some recourse for me. I have received 2 form letters back from company basically saying we are right, you are wrong, good bye. Even after I wrote corporate office and even mentioned it seems like they didn't read my letter. I detailed my letter, included supporting info, was very professional and nice. Still template response and my credit is suffering. I feel this is very wrong and I should have some action I can take.

They are not obligated

to change anything, and in todays corporate world, the fact that yo have been a customer for years makes no differance. 

I agree there should be something that you can do, but it seems like you've taken every step possible.  If they aren't co-operating then I believe that you have done all you can do but close the account and take your business elsewhere.  Not the best senerio but not much else I can suggest.

As time goes by, given your old score, your score should bounce back and it will be irrelevent.  Given that all scores over 750 are seen as the same by lenders it shouldn't have much effect on your overall credit.

Good Luck