Question

jahavery

School loans in forebearance. All but 1 missed payment gone. Report error or there until it drops?
My Student loans were put in forbearance a while after they were due. I was informed that since they are in forbearance the negative impact on my credit score would be removed (which they were). All of the missing payments came off of my credit score except for 1 payment. Now I am missing one payment (within the forbearance timeframe) for about 15 student loans. Is this an error on the credit report or will this be on my score for the seven years?

Forebearance is just a waiting period to give you the opportunity to get financially stable enough to pay on your student loans.  The reported late payment may remain for 7 years but the loans will become due and payable after the forebearance period ends since student loans remain collectable until paid, no matter how long it takes.