Question

Milimama2005

Scammers have your ss number
I applied for a rental and they wanted all my info, and they answered all questions I asked and so submitted my info. Turns out it was a scam. Can credit karma monitor my credit as of today to insure no accts are opened illegally?

No, credit monitoring does not ensure that. It will just alert you when new accounts are opened. Credit Karma only give you monitoring for Transunion and Equifax, you need to keep an eye on Experian too. What you might want to consider is "freezing your credit reports". Info on how to do this is at the credit bureaus websites. Might also want to consider a product like LifeLock or some other type of protection.