Question

lestyboss4

Says Thin file but have 19 assorted accounts open
I have 19 accounts open and running. They are a mix of credit cards (two closed with good payment history of two years each and one currently running for last two years), two merchant cards, sales purchases on payments through representative companies (like vacuums), six student loans, two doctor offices, and even a credit line just for medical purposes. Trans Union has a very low score for me, even though my payment history is good in all of them. I assume the low score is due to too much debt. However, my debt to income ratio is excellent (mine is 4% and Trans Union says anything under 20% is good) so I dunno. Anyway, Credit Karma says Thin file. How much "activity" do i need when 19 accounts are active and running, and an additional 12 of them are paid off and closed before it is no longer considered a "Thin file?" How do i get this corrected?

That sure doesn't make any sense does it? You can contact Credit Karma via email through the help center.

How long have you had the accounts? You have a lot of accounts, but inadequate length,  less than 7 years,  on accounts can cause a thin file.