Question

pbarney17

Says I have a Thin File, but I have two credit cards with years of solid payments. Why?
I'm new to Credit Karma. It is telling me that I have a "thin file" so they can't give me a credit score.

But I have two credit cards with several years of perfect payments in my credit report (and nothing else). Are two cards not enough to provide a score?

Thanks

If the credit cards you have are still open and they report to TransUnion, then they should show up here.  Visit www.annualcreditreport.com and pull your TU report to see if they do show up.  Not every creditor reports to every bureau, it is their choice who to report to.  You can also call your credit card companies and ask if they are reporting to all 3 bureaus.  Also, if you never carry a balance on those cards, you aren't building up a credit score.  If you're in the habit of paying them off in full, then stop doing that and leave a tiny balance (1-3% of you credit limit) on the cards and it will increase your credit score.  Sounds odd, but it is true, I've done it myself and have several clients that have done that with good results.  Best of luck!