Question

ShadowBlack1965

Says I have 2 open credit cards but have no cards attorney had me destroy them before bankruptcy
My report shows that I still have to open credit cards and a open line of credit but my attorney had me destroy cards. Can I get them back and how?

They were part of your history.

The Fair Credit Reporting Act is a federal regulation that requires the reporting of all credit transactions. Those credit cards were part of your credit history and will be reported for 7 years,  The bankruptcy could be reported for up to 10 years.  There is no changing the time limits.  Since the purpose of bankruptcy is to get a new start, you'll have to start the credit process again because those cards are history.

Phantom credit cards

I have not had a credit card in several (5-6?) years, yet there are some on my credit account.  Why?