Question

Posted in Saving Money

sugarpushes

savings and your credit score
Does closing a savings account and opening a new one hurt one's credit score?

Credit Karma made me notice that other savings accounts (I don't use the account for anything but saving, with a higher apr) offer higher aprs compared to mine. Will it hurt me score to close my account (which I've had for some time) to open another?

Thanks.

Most Helpful Response

no impact

There should be no impact. It would be smart to start putting money into savings of course. Make sure you still have plenty of money in checking and don't get hit with NSF fees. If you are in position too, also start thinking about saving for retirement if you aren't already.