Question

sandylbc

Same utility dinging me 3x for same account
Hello, over the years, I have been late at times with my local gas/electric account, but always caught up and am current. They have at least 3 separate reports on my credit report, how can I remove them. Is it different with a utility?

You don't make it clear

as to what you mean by a "Ding",  If you mean a Derogitory remark such as a "late pay" being reported, then those stay on your report for 7 years and they are part of your Credit History.  

If you mean that there are Collections on unpaid accounts then thats a differant beast.  If you don't believe you owe them then Write a "Validation Letter"  (google it for a template) to the Credit Reporting Agency.  This will force them to prove that they are reporting the account correctly and that they have the legal right to collect it.  if they can't prove it they will remove the account from your credit report.  

Hope this points you in the right direction...