Question

kjrst9

SageStream report has zero info - should I care?
I have excellent credit and monitor my credit reports pretty diligently. I was, therefore, quite surprised when recently denied for a credit card.

I requested the credit report responsible for my denial, and it was from "SageStream,"not one of the three that I follow. My credit score was a full 400 points below what my actual credit score is.

The SageStream report has NONE of my credit. None of what have been more than a dozen CCs over the course of my life, a paid off car, student loans, jobs, etc.

The report is BLANK with evidence of one long-ago BofA cc.

Here's the question - do I care? No mortgage company (which is my ultimate goal) should be relying on a tertiary credit reporting company at all, much less solely.

And, if I do care, how do I even go about regenerating 20 some odd years of credit history with these people?

L.A. Times feature on SageStream

There was recently an L.A. Times feature on SageStream.

http://www.latimes.com/business/lazarus/la-fi-lazarus-credit-optics-sagestream-20160802-snap-story.html

Your best bet is probably to find a bank which doesn't use an unproven, murky methodology—even as a tertiary resource.