Question

MickHayes

Rubin & Rothman
I am being sued by Rubin & Rothman they have a complaint list that is from here to the North Pole. I was never served papers and they have literally told me on the phone that I was the equivalent to a "deadbeat dad who don't pay his bills". (Dude was lucky I am a believer, LOL) They supposedly are handling a debt for Ford Motor Credit from 2010 but it's gaining penalties and fees faster than when my hair fell out. Ford Motor Credit shows up on my report, however Rubin & Rothman does not.

I have hired Lexington Law Firm to dispute it but have had no luck or encouragement from them regarding so. Especially in phone conversations, kinda feels like they are saying; "you might get stuck with that one".

Has anyone any advice on what to do?
Should I hire a "collections law firm" to handle the case and has anyone had success with that?

Did you have a Ford Credit debt?

If you had a Ford Credit account, was it paid or not?  If not, then you should be paying it.  You cannot dispute any bill that IS yours, no matter how negative the remarks may be. 

Rubin & Rothman may be the attorneys hired by Ford Credit to collect on this account.  Failure to pay a bill that has gone to court will likely get a judgement entered on your record and that really hurts your credit.  You're not going to have a good credit rating if you do not pay your bills which are legally enforcable contracts.  You could spand a fortune hiring shyster lawyers who say they can remove negatives from your credit reports but they can't.  Federal regulations (Fair Credit Reporting Act) say they can't.