Question

zack789

Returned leased vehicle under SCRA and it's still on credit report
I returned my Honda back in July since I got deployed and it is still on my credit report. I called honda about the issue and asked them to remove it to no avail it is still on my credit... I am currently trying to buy a home since my deployment is coming to an end and this is seriously screwing up my credit since they are reporting payments late and is now going towards the 90 days late mark when I don't even have the car and it has a zero balance on my statement. I need any advice, please!

This item will remain on your credit report for 7 years.  It is an account you had that you did not complete.  If you had late payments before you returned it, that information would remain and there is little that you could have done to remove it.   It is unfortunate that you did not fulfill your agreement and you are not suffering the after effects.  The soldiers and sailors act as it applies to credit and debt could have of use to you back in July, unfortunately, its a bit late to invoke your protection. 

faidros

* little you could have done 

*now suffering