Question

Posted in Retirement

abbottjr

Retirement Planning Software
I am 33 year old, but looking for a tool that can help show me what my estimated retirement income(s) would look like by adding information from now.

Does anyone know of a software program that I can enter and continue to track my current retirement account balances, social security earnings, 401k account balances, etc., and then this program project retirement earnings at future ages 63, 65, 67, etc? I currently have a Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) account and a Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS) account and of course, Social Security benefits at retirement age, etc.

I like charts, spreadsheets, etc! LOL.

Most Helpful Response

There seem to be a number of calculators online.  The one I like is on the website Marke****ch.com.  It allows you to enter a variety of income sources and assets, the timing of each, etc.  When you get there, click on the retirement link at the top.  Tools will be shown on the bottom right side of the page.

sfbrown

Okay, it looks like the Puritans who run this site are nervous about words within words, but the missing letters above might be better illustrated if I use spaces, even though there are none in the real web address.

market_watch.com 

Let's see if that works.

Been there, done that.

I've actually built one that is customized mostly to Government employees. I am a 31 year-old GS-13. I have been using mine to track and estimate all types of investments from personal stocks, to TSP, to the Federal FERS plan. I also used to have the bonds you could get from MyPay in there, but since they have been discontinued that way I pulled it out. If you're interested, e-mail my account at ultimateinvestmentpropertytool@yahoo.com. I also own the site ultimateinvestmentpropertytool.com if you're interested in checking out that product.

Best Retirement Plan

I want to start a Retirement Plan now but want one that will increase my money in the best way possible. Also, if a CD would accrue faster at this time & then roll it over in 5 years to the best retirement plan out there. I do not want to stressed out and scraping chang at retirement