Question

thdealin2351

Retaliation by collection Atlantic Credit & Finance co.
I was told by Atlantic Credit & Finance that I had no option but to pay electronically or my credit would be dinged, but if I paid electronically monthly from a prepaid credit card my credit would not be dinged. I got the card and made first payment. I found out that this was not true, and that I can pay by check or MO each month. I cancelled the card and have made all payments on time with proof by MO. I also filed a complaint with the FTC complaining about misinformation and threats to my credit if I didn't pay electronically. Keep in mind that I asked if my credit would be damaged/dinged if I agreed to the payment arrangement and made payments on time, and I was told no, my credit would not be dinged as long as the payments were on time because there was no legal reason to if my payments were on time. But, I discovered that I have received a "derogatory statement" from Atlantic on today Nov 9, the day my payment is due, even though the USPS tracking & signature receipt I pay extra for shows the payment I sent last week was received days ago???
Do I have any recourse to get this "derogatory statement" removed if I can prove my payments have been made on time and according to the schedule they gave me???

I am not exactly sure what is happening there, but I would advise to look for a free consult with a consumer law attorney that handles FDCPA cases and such. I believe the FDCPA mainly applies to debt collectors and not original creditors, but attorneys familiar with this area would be good to talk to about your situation.