Question

deliam820

Request for substantiation after dispute?
I submitted a dispute with Transunion regarding a debt that is in collections from Capital One (it originally was orchard bank) on 4/19. The debt collector sent me a letter that arrived on 4/29 advising me that they are in receipt of the dispute and that I can write to them or call them for a request for substantiation. Do I have to do this? I thought they had to provide the credit bureau with this information?

No, you don't have to do that. The dispute is handled between them and the credit bureau once you have filed the dispute with the credit bureau. Keep all correspondance from the debt collector, make sure they are not violating the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) and if they are, contact an FDCPA attorney for a consultation. I would not advise contacting the debt collector or responding to their requests.