Question

Totsysgirl

repossession of a car
I bought a car in 2007, then lost my job. I tried to work w/ the company to no avail. I lost the ca in 2009. Does the repossession stay on my credit from the time I bought it, or from the year I lost it? also I have straightened everything out since then, purchasing a home, and paying off a $16000.00 car. So I have improved my credit somewhat. This car keeps coming back to haunt me. Any advise?

Most Helpful Response

Sometimes it just a matter of time.

it will be on your credit historyfor 7 years from last contact.  So it should fall of 7 years after the last payment.  From the sound of things you've done well working around it, Once it falls off you should see a big bounce in your score, To bad it takes so long.....

Totsysgirl

Thank you so much, that really helps knowing the time frame. I guess I have 2 more years instead of it coming off in Nov. of this year. :(