Question

jairo55

Repossesiion on a vehicle.
Hello community, I am a 25 year old male making around 75000 a year. I am currently going thru some regret and I wanted some advice. I currently have around 120,000 of debt and i would like to voluntarliy ask for a repossesion on my most recent vehicle. I owe 70000 on it and if they are able to auction it or sell it for 45000 i would have to pay 25000 so that i can be in good terms with the bank. This being said my credit will drop from a 670 to maybe a 400 some? My total debt will also drop to around 75000, Which if things are going good it will be paid off in around 1 year and a half or two. If i am able to pay off my debt, which will bring up my credit a little because of my two vehicle that i will eventually pay off, and I manage to save around 100000 two years after paying my debt (total of 4 years). How hard would it be for me to get a loan of 150000 for a mortgage? Would it be possible? Please help me ASAP cause I am planing on making the call tomorrow. Thank you all!

Don't make the call. Do some reading and some thinking first. What you are proposing does not make any sense. You are considering getting a vehicle repo on your reports in order to get a mortgage in a couple of years. Please understand that paying off the balance owed on a repo is not a beneficial mark on your credit, a repo is a repo and will last on your reports for seven years. Mortgage lenders are not going to say "wow, this guy paid off his repo, he's approved". They see the repo and they see risk, even if you would pay off the balance. Could you try to sell the car? If you can't get what you need to pay off the loan, could you come up with the money to make up the difference? Attempting to sell the car and coming up with money to make up the difference should be your goal now. Also understand that you are not going to be on good terms with your current bank by doing this. Please do some reading and thinking before you make some very costly mistakes that will harm you for years.

Edit " you are not going to be on good terms with your current bank by doing this"

what I meant there was if you follow your plan of the repo. My plan of selling the car and making up the difference to make the sale happen would make your bank happy

jairo55

Thank you, I'll see what I can do and come up with.