Question

JackPaw

Reposession status reported every month on credit report?
In Feb 2015, my car was repossessed. I recovered it within days by paying the past due balance in full. I take full responsibility for the event, but is it okay that the creditor has reported my account status as Repo for every month since the actual reposession/recovery? I am not sure if this is allowed or if it is something I should dispute.

It would be normal for the account to remain on your credit reports for seven years, however the account should be "closed" if you paid it and it should not be updating. I am not sure what you saying is going on here.