Repairing damage you didn't know was done.
I have a tax lien I didn't know about as well as 2 accounts in collections. In 2008 I started divorce proceedings and it got messy. He had financial problems and even though we kept most accounts separate, a few things were accruing without my knowledge.

I paid off some things, others I think got lost as I moved around the country (both for work and to avoid him).

So, now my score is in the toilet, even though I've always paid my car loan on time. I have no open cards now (just a debit).

I am going to try to contact the creditors, but if they'll only take a full payment, I'm screwed. What do I do about the tax lien? I have been caught up with the IRS since our 2010 taxes, when they took my single filing return to pay the balance from when we filed jointly before.

Can anyone help?