rent/apartment collection agency claims to not have record of debt?
i have debt i owe on an apartment i rented 3-4 years ago. It has since gone to a collections agency and now that Im trying to pay the debt the agency states they have no record of the debt and when i contact the leasing company they just tell me to call the collection agency. I've contacted 5-10 people at this point and no one seems to be able to help!!! I'm so frustrated and I am trying to take care of this so that I may rent an apartment now that I'm in a position to afford it and then some. Any suggestions???