Question

keir13

rent and credit score
I'm looking to rent an apartment in Chicago. A listing I saw sent potential applicants to CreditKarma to copy their credit score and submit it to the landlord. To me, this is a serious problem. My credit score on CreditKarma with TransUnion is 70 points lower than it is with the CapitalOne Credit Tracker-which also uses TransUnion. To anyone renting, or looking to rent, bring this information to your potential landlord. With me, the 70 point difference is a difference between credit that is fair/good to a credit rating that is crappy. Can someone explain to me why the CreditKarma scores are so low? I have zero judgments, no bankruptcies.

Good Question

Credit Karma is a third party company and will not have all of your credit info. The credit models used by Transunion, Equifax, and Experian is always changing and updating. That's why you have to pay to get your real credit scores. MyFico charges nearly 50 bucks for FICO scores. I strongly suggest  you ask a lender/landlord which bureau they pull from before applying. If it's Transunion....I would pull my credit report directly from them. I hope this helps!