Question

firstimebuyer

Rennovation Loan or cash for home improvements after closing
Credit score 682. Closing on home this week. Contractor quoted 8,000 for work on home.
I will have 11,000 left in savings after closing on mortgage. I plan to pay the contractor in cash upon completion of his work. I still need to replace stove and dishwasher in home before I move in.

I have 3 credit cards with low balances and the highest credit limit is only 1400.00. Should I apply for a Lowes credit card.. and buy the appliances i need, or should I buy them cash? I don't have to start paying mortgage for 1 month so I could pay cash but I do not want to drain my savings and have no cushion for emergencies....HELP!!!!