Question

ckram1949

Removing paid accounts
My score shows student loan delinquencies. My student loan was paid in full in 2008 as was my mortgage. How do I get them off the list?

Only Time Will Tell.

While the student loans are paid off, they will remain on your credit report for up to 10 years, then will drop off (at least this is what was showing on my recent credit report).  Most credit accounts will show on your report for up to 7 years after being paid in full, except for bankruptcies, which can take up to 10 years.

There is no way of getting legitimate accounts removed from your credit reports.  Good reports you really want to see but all will remain due to federal regulation.  So, we have to live with what has happened and work to improve our credit during this wait.  Regular payments of all accounts we have will work in our favor.