Question

Chiefsgirl16

Removing old collection accounts??
I understand that typically it takes about seven years to remove inactive accounts from my credit report. Although it's only been six years, I was wondering if there's any chance to remove them now? One states it's closed and the other still says open. Also they're either a credit company, apartment complex or a repossession, technically they're not even mine, long story short is my ex ruined my credit with several incidents. I have no way of contacting him to ask if he'd own up to them. I've been very patient with reestablishing my score and have learned my lesson but a friend told me I could call either experian or TU and they would take it off, is this true? Any insight would definitely help.

First of all you should have been a Packer's girl LOL!  Here is something you can do. On those items in question; ask them to check the validity of the items on your credit report.  Why?  Most collections that are on your credit, if it is over 3 years old; most companies get rid of the information concerning your debt.(too much paperwork to keep on file)  When you ask the credit bureaus to check if the debt is accurate; they will in turn contact the collections agency to see if they have basic information that proves the debt is actually yours. Most cases they will be unable to prove the debt is yours and by law it must be removed from your report.