Question

Posted in Taxes

bobbyd0656

Removing Lien From Amended State Tax Return on CR
Hi everyone. I recently pulled a copy of my CR and saw two released state tax liens from 2013 and 2014 on my CR. The liens were for small amounts ($250 & $550) and have been paid in full.

After doing a little research, I realized that I likely missed a couple deductions on my tax returns for those years. I spoke with H&R block who said they could file an amended return if needed.

My question is this: If I ammend those returns and wind up being owed money, will that be sufficient grounds to have the liens completely deleted from my CR?

Thanks in advance!