Question

jcupangel

removing items from report
When I got divorced, my medical bills deemed the sole responsibility of my ex. How do I remove them from my credit report? And will it improve my credit score to do so?

I would contact the collection company or medical company that is placing the accounts on your reports. I would give them a copy of the court order that your ex is responsible for them. You could also contact the credit bureaus and furnish them a copy of the court order and tell them that you are not responsible for the debt. Removing them would be helpful to your credit profile and scores. The three credit bureaus are Transunion, Equifax and Experian and they all have contact info and instruction on how to dispute information on their websites. Make sure that you have proof to submit for what you are saying, your word will not be enough.