Question

CapnVWJack

Removing hard credit enquires
I know this issue has been talked about a lot but I'm new to this and don't have much knowledge about it. When I was applying for student loans for school I wasn't thinking about the consequences that followed. I also have some credit ones as well and didn't think about the consequences there either. I know I can write a letter to them disputing but it says you can if you have no knowledge of trying to get a loan from that lender. I'm in college now and just trying to clean up my mistakes that I have made. I just want them hard enquires off my account so I can clean up what I have done. Any help would be great. Thank you!

Not a chance...

If you made these credit inquiries.... they stay without a doubt.  This is a "list" of everyone that has obtained your credit report for the purpose of extending credit to you.  If you can argue that you didn't make those inquiries, a lot of times it JUST DOESN'T MATTER.  The reason:  The credit reporting agencies need to keep this list of who has accessed your credit report correct.  They will never want to admit that they showed your credit report to someone not authorized.  

The good news?  They drop off completely after 2 years.   The "negative" impact is virtually non existent after 1 year.