Question

lashleey

Removing deliquent payments lowered my score?
Hi there! Hoping somebody could explain my situation to me.. I had 6 delinquent payments for a Chase CC on my account from a year ago. I wrote Chase a goodwill deletion letter and they kindly removed all delinquent payments from my credit report.

I assumed removing these delinquent payments would make my score go up, but instead when I logged in this week it went down 3 points. What gives?! I sent out two other good will deletion letters and now I'm worried if these other delinquent payments get deleted my credit score will go down even further!

I'm very confused, I thought getting the deliquent payments removed would raise my score, not lower it. =(

look at your credit report,   where you were late does it show  OK  now  or something else  like  NA

have you been keeping track of your payment history also?   when they removed the late payments  did you lose the payment history with the late payments?

that might do it.

as it's only 3 points I would not lose any sleep over it. 

it's Great that you were able to have them removed.