Question

KW822

Removing Collection Accounts
I have recently paid off all my accounts in collections! (YAY!) How do I go about ensuring that they are take off of my credit report so I can get back to building it again?

Most Helpful Response

If you had negotiated a "Pay for delete" agreement with the collection agencies prior to paying them off, then they would be gone.  Otherwise they are part of your credit history and must remain on your reports for 7 years, then they will fall off.

I do suggest getting a better understanding of how credit works by reading the articles and using the financial tools provided by this site because Credit Karma's purpose is teaching about credit so people can best benefit from it.