Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

tootoo38

Removing auto insurance claim
How do I remove a claim on my auto insurance fill with Lexis Nexis? I got in an accident, filed the claim but didn't take my car in because I lost my job and couldn't afford to pay the deductible. Shouldn't this not count because the insurance didn't pay out anything.

Most Helpful Response

I struck a deer that ran out in front of my car and was canceled by my insurance company because they counted it against me. State Farm, who I was with for over 25 years canceled me for an accident that they told me would not count against me. I have never understood the nature of auto insurance, you pay, you pay, you pay and even if you look at an accident the wrong way your rates go up. Doesn't matter if you actually had one, but you MIGHT, so we better raise your rates or cancel you. State Farm has unfortunately made some poor business decisions in how they treat their customers. You should stay clear of them. They also provided horrible services when I had the accident with the deer. They left me stranded in the dark on the highway for 3 hours while they tried to get their tow truck contractors to find their way and then just end up getting made at eachother and leaving me stranded until I finally had a friend pick me up and I just left my car. BAD BAD customer service State Farm, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Sorry I just realized this really didn't give you an answer to your question. Basically I guess I was trying to get a point across, that it don't matter that they didn't fix your car. If your name and accident are in the same sentence, count on a rate hike or a cancellation notice.

Ruthless! Just go ask my daughter! :/

right tho, thank goodness you werent out there injured or somethin, they wouldve jus left you out there to die...thats crazy. My 5 yr old and i had the same problem, but with progressive, after a lady taking her dog to be pampered plowed into my daughters door swerving while doing 40-50 in a residential and despite 6 witnesses to her driving, they claimed it my fault based on some stupid technicality law in wyo. and dropped me the same night, because i was literally 1 in past the stop sign and not even in intersection, which was unavoidable based on where my house sat. good thing my daughter wasnt injured cuz they dropped me before they even asked about my child. and since they dropped me, i somehow owe her restitution for her door when she hit me....they dont care bout nothin but money as progressive also claimed they didnt get there snapshot device back after dropping me(sent it in their prepaid box btw) & charged my bank account 3 x's for it...leaving me with a child uninjured but still in paiin, 3600 in damages, 450 restitution to pay the idiot n her dog,  and 150 for a snap shot i sent back in their box 2 weeks prior to wreck. ruthless! called other insurances and talked to legal aid and was told that its legal, nothin u can do. basically saying once you signed ur contract with them, its legal and binding and hey have the right. also even tho they made estimate next morning, they dropped me by the days end and when i got new insurance my rate went up by $40, even tho they never payed out on mine nor blondie's car. :/ as a single mom, that financial blow as a total restitution, out of pocket repairs, snapshot fees, was devastating, cost me everything we had. :/

BritL08

sorry...they dropped me the next morning, after coming out for estimate, and still nobody asked about my daughter.* 

Interesting question

Did you call your insurance company? If they aren't willing to help you be sneaky and call another insurance company and see what they have to say about it.

tootoo38

Good idea. 

Insurance Clearing House Credit Scores

Some insurance company's drop accident points after 5 years......to rate your RATE and some at 3 years Forgive on your Rates

No payment is still a claim

They do not care if tyry paid out or not you still made a claim, and like getting arrested anything you say can and will be used  against you.

Had a small dent under deductable.  Other car no damage.

You filed the claim and the Insurance company probabl;y paid the other party

showing it on your Insurance Clearing House Credit Score