Question

BrendaCornwall

removing a dispute...
I recently disputed a truck repo on my credit score. It was my ex-husbands debt, per the divorce decree, 2 years earlier.

I am now trying to refinance my house, but the bank is requiring me to remove the dispute. I would like to know if this can be done online.

Removing a dispute to refi your home

Here's a URL  to an article written by Shane Milne.  Go right down to the bottom and follow the directions to remove the dispute.  You'll need to cut and paste this to your browser.  

http://www.trulia.com/blog/shanethemortgageman/2013/04/the_best_way_to_remove_account_in_dispute_comments

Or you can Google; "Shane Milne + Remove Credit Dispute + Trulia"  if you dont trust the URL.  I've had a few customers do this with varied results some took two hours some took two weeks.  Once completed your LO probably will have to order an entirely new credit report.  FYI.   Your loan officer should not have sent you on a wild goose chase,  You should consider a different bank.