Question

badtenent

removed then re-added
I had a tenant (a family member) that stuck me with a $3,000 electric bill. It was listed as "removed" on my report in October of 2015, reported mid 2014. It showed back up on my credit report in January 2017, a year and 3 months later. Can they remove then re-add something over a year later? Is it because it went from the electric company to a collection agency? I sure don't have $3,000 to pay it and neither do they. Any advice??

It is allowed to be added and removed as many times as they like, it just is not allowed to be listed on your reports beyond the seven year mark. Look up the "statute of limitations" in your state to be sued for this type of debt, written contract debt I would guess. If the sol has expired you may have some good leverage to get a settlement agreement. If the sol hasn't expired, leave it alone and hope that they forget about you so you don't get sued. Read the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) since you are now going to be dealing with a debt collector.