Question

tessie0924

Removed negative marks. How will this effect my score?
I have 7 negative marks on my reports. They were all paid off a few years ago but I didn't know i could sentd a goodwill letter. Today I heard from my creditors and 6 negative accounts have been promised to be deleted. They said to give the bureau some timeto update my report. Does anyone know how long it will take to show onn my report? Will my score show a big change?

Most Helpful Response

Good for you!  Yes, brandnew554, every creditor has the right to delete accounts.  No law stating they have to report anything, that is voluntary (because the bureaus charge creditors to report data).  It will take 30-90 days, depending on when your creditors send their reports to the bureaus.  If they don't come off after that time, then go to www.annualcreditreport.com and dispute the accounts, provide them with a copy of the deletion letter from the creditor (you can now download docs to the bureaus).  Nice work!

30 days usually. I don't think that they can essentially "delete" the account. it should improve your score quite a bit though,