Question

cliffordlisa

"Removed" collections still showing in my "Open" collections?
I have multiple accounts in my "Removed Collections" that are still showing in my "Open Collections" I want to start cleaning up and improving my credit by paying down my debt, but I'm afraid to pay these certain accounts if they are actually removed... any advice?

Write a "Validation Letter"

A lot of the stuff on your reports are often dulpicates of old accounts that have been resold or transfered between agencies.

Google "Validation Letter" for templates and more info on how they work.  Theres also good info here on CK in the articles, There is info there on how to deal with these issues each step of the way.

A Validation requires the reporting company to verify that the collection agencies have all their legal paperwork in order, and if they don't, they have to remove the account from your report. Once each account has been dealt with, Either removed or paid off,  you will have a sparkling clean credit report if you do it right and follow through. 

Always Hand Write letters, Computers can't read them so they end up in the hands of a human that can actually do something.  NEVER talk to them on the phone,  You want a paper trail.  

Pull your credit report directly from each Credit Bureaus. Often times CK would "say" things that weren't actually reflected on your credit reports, you can certainly determine yourself whether those collections being removed for the legitimate reasons like its age or when Credit Bureaus removed it after dispute and you received the notice from CB in some similar language that it was removed because it dose not meet the reporting guidelines. However your liability/responsibility to those debts aren't depended whether it's on your credit report or not