Question

spartan3154

remove old closed accounts

Most Helpful Response

Removing negative reports

I have 2 very old accounts, negative, but paid off. One from 2002, the other from 2005.

Both are well over 10 years old. How do I get them removed?

If they are accounts that were closed in good standing, DO NOT try to remove them. If they are negative accounts, reask your question and provide some more details, such as what they are and the age and status of them to be given further advice.

Sale2

I was just wondering how long will good standing closed accounts will stay on my credit report. They have been closed since 2004. I know they will go away in time, but gee wiz 12 years? Enter Your Reply

deejaydeej

I have exactly the same situation, 12 years. Account closed in good standing. I am wondering how it can adversly affect score to have removed. Only open accounts average in the length of credit history. It has a slight negative impact in that it shows that I have too many accounts (this number does include closed accounts).

They will drop off in due time.  Nothing you can do to speed up the process. 

KATowell

12 YEARS is not "DUE TIME"  That is outragous