Question

mccoy6

remove bad credit vs paid in full?
I have an offer from a credit collection agency (for a total of 8 medical bills) to totally remove these items from my credit report, not charged off, not listed as paid in full, but completely taken off my credit as if I was never late. (or so they say)

To do this I have to pay nearly $2000 before the end of march. I can probably do this it will require me to drain almost all of my savings, and I will have to borrow money. My husband and I are wanting to buy a house in the next year. So the question is what kind of impact will this have on my credit? Is it worth draining all of our resources at this point or should we focus more on saving?