Question

Flo0417

Removal of negative credit items
I opened up a JCrew credit card when purchasing items to get 20 percent off. I immediately paid the bill when received and never used the card again. It was never disclosed to me that a credit protection fee of approximately $2 per month was being charged to the account. I was shocked to learn approximately 6 months later that I had approximately $150 in late fees and my credit limit on my regular card was slashed. I reestablished my limit immediately with disclosure to my bank; however, this item continues to be listed as a negative item. This item should be removed as no one from JCrew ever explained about the monthly credit protection fee.

The truth, It was in the fine print

When ever you open an account they are required by law to give your their Disclosure.  Any charges that they will be assessing will be in the disclosure.  Most of us never read the fine print. But it will be in there, The law is very clear on this.  The fact that you never read it does not relieve you of the responsibility.  They ARE NOT Reqiuired to verbally explain any the terms to you,  Its your job to read the disclosure.  If there is any charge to your account you would have recieved a monthy bill.  You should have opened them up and you would have seen the charges as soon as they were charged. 

Learn your lesson, Pay the bill,  Close the account and wait for the derogitory remarks to fall off your report in 7 years.